- The first step in troubleshooting a touchscreen system is to determine whether the problem is related to the display, software, or hardware:
- — Do not confuse display problems with touchscreen problems—the two are unrelated.
- — Software problems are determined by a basic hardware functionality test. If the hardware transmits touch coordinates correctly, then the problem is with the driver or application software.
- — Hardware problems may be caused by the touchscreen, controller, cabling, power supply, or by the integration of the touchscreen components in the display.
- — The easiest way to verify a hardware failure is by substitution, if you have more than one unit to try.