EloView® Update Notification
- 1.11.275 for I-Series
- 2.2.50 for PayPoint Android
The EloView product team is excited to announce our next release, scheduled for today (November 16) evening Pacific time. We do not expect any downtime for this release; more details below.
Key Updates to Web Portal
- Devices page will now display the city where the device is located. When the user hovers over the city, full address is displayed in a small tooltip window.
- You will now have two more timeout options for attract loop. Attract loops can now be set up with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 20 minutes.
- You will notice a performance improvement in the portal (browser) for accounts with a large number (hundreds) of devices.
- You will see significant improvement in website and OS update speeds globally (2–5X) as a result of CDN (Content Delivery Network) implementation.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, device details could not be saved until site address was filled out.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases for customers with a large number of devices, the search function did not work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, “import device list” feature did not set up devices correctly in the portal and caused failure to load content.
- Fixed an issue where, due to a Chrome Browser auto-fill bug, device control panel passwords were being auto-filled with the account password, causing a device password change.
Key Updates to I-Series Devices
- When using Display ON/OFF schedule, EloView will now turn of the display module rather than a “black image/ low brightness” approach taken previously. This should result in additional power savings and reliability improvement.
- Turned off image file name “captions” for slide show content.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the Elo-provided kiosk browser was triggering an unnecessary web page reload.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, application crashed and restarted.
Key Updates to PayPoint (Android) Devices
- Enabled FTDI serial driver support.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the screen flickered when running an application.
Method of Distribution and Timing
- The portal update will be go live at 6 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday November 16, 2016. At the same time, a new device version (1.11.275 for the I-Series) will be available as an optional update for customer acceptance testing. PayPoint (Android) update was already released on October 25, 2016.
- On November 23, 2016, version 1.11.275 will become the default version to update from the cloud or the device control panel. Prior versions will remain available via Advanced OTA.
- As always, devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or from the EloView Control Panel.
EloView Product Team