EloView Release Notes 1.13
- 1.11.198 for I-Series
- 1.13.XX for Cloud - not applicable to PayPoint and AECM
Elo is releasing a new update for the I Series (10”, 15” and 22”). This release contains new features, bug fixes and enhancements.
What Can You Expect?
Over-the-Air (OTA) updates can now be scheduled for a specific time from the portal rather than an instantaneous action. In the ³software² page in device properties, you can access advanced settings for the update. The following settings are now available.
- Selection of a version to upgrade to (previously released feature).
- The ability to set custom path for the update (such as an internal server in your network) rather than standard EloView cloud (previously released feature).
- Selection of time and day of the week for the upgrade: upgrades can be scheduled up to seven days in advance.
- You now can choose if an app downloaded from the portal is shown or not shown on the Apps tab in the device control panel. With this feature, a local administrator can now access (for example) a configuration app on the device.
- Your “site contact” information is now displayed on the device control panel rather than the account owner’s contact information. You can use the fields in the device page on the portal to choose which information to show on the control panel on the device.
- FTDI Serial Interface support is now available as a built-in library on the I-Series. This does not impact customers using serial ports via an external library in their app.
- EloView now supports daylight savings time adjustments in time zone settings.
Addresses several issues where the device was generating more than expected data traffic on the network.
- Optimized screenshot fetch mechanism.
- Turned off location option in Android settings by default.
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases, upon data reset, a device with orientation sensor ignored orientation settings. Device now respects orientation from the orientation sensor (or the cloud setting if a sensor is not present). Stay tuned for further enhancements to this feature.
- Disabled the Lowi Server (an Android component used in SMS messages) which was causing a memory leak under certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain cases, EloView control panel popped up on network events. This issue was caused by the control panel wanting to prompt the user to set up a wireless connection.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain causes, EloView control panel popped up during app launch from USB drive.
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases, the screen would go to blank (white) after long periods running a web app (kiosk browser mode).
Method of Distribution
- As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.
- Device-side update package (1.11.198) will be available on Wednesday, October 5 for customer acceptance testing and can be applied by manually selecting 1.11.198 in Advanced OTA settings. This version will become the default update version on Tuesday, October 11.
EloView Product Team