EloView® Feature Release
- 1.18.26 (I-Series) - not applicable for PayPoint and Elo Computer Modules
The EloView product team is pleased to announce a performance and usability update to EloView planned for release on August 22, 2017. There is a downtime associated with this release; full timeline is at the end of this email.
- Over time, we have been making enhancements to our infrastructure to support large number of devices. This release achieves a significant milestone: EloView is now tested to support 100,000 concurrent online devices. Our cloud remained stable through content deployments and settings updates to 10,000 units simultaneously. We will continue to improve this as we scale.
- Your content library will now show an update icon next to content when an updated kiosk browser engine (or media player) is available. To apply the update, click on the web app (or media), click “Edit” on the properties page, and “Update”. Once you click update on one web-app, all web-apps will get the updated engine.
- Device Groups are now listed in alphabetical order on Content and Devices page, rather than listed by order created.
- You can now choose a timeframe (15 minutes to 1 day) to keep your portal session active. This does not change your ability to set the browser to remember credentials.
- You can now choose to show or hide a caption on an image in image slideshows.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain cases, bundles of applications failed to install properly.
- Further enhanced online/ offline reporting of devices on EloView.
- Enhanced the peripheral test app for I-Series (e.g., printer and cash drawer status).
- Several security updates at the Android OS level.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain cases, EloView launcher crashed and restarted during initial wifi connection.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the “Interactive Overlay” button placed on the app became unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, devices experienced display corruption.
Method of Distribution and Timing
EloView portal will be unavailable for approximately one hour while we perform this update during the following window.
- 6:00 to 9:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time on August 22, 2017
- 12:00 to 3:00 AM Central European Time and 6:00 – 9:00 AM China Standard time on Aug 23
At the same time, a new device version (1.18.26) for the I-Series will be available as an optional update through the portal for customer acceptance testing. On Aug 29, version 1.18.26 will become the default to update from the cloud or the device control panel. You can still use other versions via Advanced OTA.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.