- 3.50.xx for Cloud, I-Series 2.0, PayPoint® Plus, PayPoint®, Elo Backpack® 2.0
- 4.48.xx+a is available as an optional upgrade to Android 8.1 AOSP for I-Series 2.0, PayPoint® Plus, PayPoint®, Elo Backpack® 2.0
- 5.0.x for M50
On March 03, 2021, the EloView team will release a major update that adds several features to support the new M50 Mobile Computer and improves the overall performance of EloView. User-experience improvements and security updates will also be included in this release. The approximate downtime is estimated at three-hours. Please see the “Method of Distribution” for more information. Enhancements and fixes included in this release are:
New – “Elo Home”
- Elo Home is designed to allow access to only those apps approved by the administrator on the device. When devices are in Control Mode, deploy Elo Home to provide a locked-down interface to your workforce.
- With single and multi app mode, administrators can define a single app mode or multiple app mode, providing control of which apps will be enabled on the M50 device.
- Elo Home enables a variety of new features and capabilities like easy access to Quick Settings, Elo Settings, Diagnostics, Battery Management, Admin features and more.
New – Seamless Provisioning
You can now leverage EloView or Google Zero Touch to integrate M50 with your choice of MDM provider.
New – Key Wakeup and Key Remap
- Program which keys on the device can wake up the device and share these settings with other M50 devices by setting up key wakeup configuration profiles.
- Program buttons on M50 to perform tasks you desire and share these with other M50 devices by setting up key remap profiles.
Enhanced – Customer Out of Box Experience
- With the enhanced set up wizard you can now enroll your M50 devices with EloView, GMS or setup the device in Android home mode with a few simple taps.
New – New GMS Restricted Mode
Switch the same device between GMS, GMS Restricted (without Google Mobile Services) and AOSP modes and configure device applications accordingly. (Note - device will reboot automatically when you switch modes)
Other Enhancements or Fixes:
- New Battery Management capability allows device administrators or users to manage the health of M50 batteries on both the device and EloView
- Added the ability to filter using the Custom Name and Custom Value of the device
- Added sort and filter in Activity and Content tabs
- Added the ability to see the last connected WiFi network and when the device was last online
- Added the ability to turn Auto-correction On/Off from EloView
Android vulnerability patches and various security updates to I-Series 2.0 (Up to July 2020) & I-Series 3.0 devices (Up to November 2020).
Method of Distribution
This update will be released to the cloud application and available to apply via Advanced OTA on March 03, 2021 and will become the default to update from the device control panel on March 10, 2021. There will be a three-hour downtime associated with this update. All EloView services will not be available from 4 PM to 7 PM (PST) on Wednesday March 03, 2021. As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.